Thursday, April 17, 2008

Would you rather be a Bullfrog? Theo. LeSieg

Would you rather be a Bullfrog? I remember this book from when I was little. It's one of those silly little rhyming books that has a sing-song rhythm. It's a series of questions to the reader about what they would rather be or have. It mimics children quite a bit. I remember the "Would you rather?" questions from when I was little. My favorite was, "Would you rather be freezing cold or boiling hot?" They were great topics of conversation for a child. But this book is great because of its pictures. The pictures are what makes the book fun. It's a really random book, and the drawings go along with the randomness. On one page there is a tiny minnow and a giant whale, and then it the bottom right corner you see a very small hammer and nail. On another page there is drawn "THIS Thing... or THAT or the Thing that's in between". It's quite a goofy picture. Without the pictures the poem would be quite boring.

No comments: